Department of Engineering


  1. How many plans are required for submission to process/review earthworks and infrastructure plan applications?
  • A set of linen plan and 4 sets of copies on paper.

2.      How long is the validity period for approved earthworks or infrastructure plans?

  • The validity period is one year from the issuance of the approval letter.

3.      What is the difference between the lights maintained by the Council and TNB (Tenaga Nasional Berhad)?

  • The roads maintained by the Council are from the iron/galvanised posts while the stone/concrete posts are maintained by TNB except for the concrete lamp posts in playgrounds. For the main roads, the iron/galvanised posts are maintained by the JKR (Public Works Department).

4.      How long does it take to repair damaged street lights?

  • Depending on the damage sustained by the street light. For minor damage s including fuse malfunction or tripped mcb, the damage will be repaired promptly however if the damage involves the lantern and cable, several regulations must be adhered to and it is time -consuming to repair, it will normally take 2 weeks.

5.      For damaged lights on concrete poles, where is the place to lodge a report?

  • Complaints can be made to TNB (Tenaga Nasional Berhad) at 15454.

6.      For applications to add more street lights or traffic lights, where can the application be made and how long does it take to process?

  • For adding more street/traffic lights, applications can be made to the Ampang Jaya Municipal Council. An investigation will be conducted on the requirement to add more street/traffic lights and sever al regulations must be adhered to prior to the installation as it involves a relatively huge financial element.

7.     Where is the place to lodge a report for damaged traffic lights?

  • The telephone number to report damaged traffic lights is available on the traffic light poles for any report on damages.